Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Date Night

For the very first time since March, Tommy and I went out for our "first date in Arkansas!" My parents decided it was a good time to try a gran-baby sleepover and we were so thankful! We've really needed this night. So they were dropped off Friday night and didn't even want to kiss us good-bye! They said---"Um by mom!" and were then fully engrossed in what Nana was doing.
We left and held hands all the way to Red Lobster where Tommy took me to dinner. Me being stubborn and hungry didn't even go home and change out of my wet clothes (before we left to take the kids to Nana's I was walking the dogs and suddenly it was a terenchal down pour-I was soaked by the time I got back to the apartment!) so I was FREEZING in the resturant! Tommy being the total gentleman went out to the car to look for a sweater that I thought I might have left there. Well there was no sweater but Owen's Snoopy Blanket. So throughtout our dinner I had a snoopy blanket (small and yellow) wrapped around my shoulders. I think people were looking at me funny but hey I was COLD!!
Then, as only a parent could understand, we went clothes shopping for our fast growing almost three year old! He's in a 3T now can you beleive it?! We saw a friend that works at Dillards and asked if she and her hubby wanted to go bowling but I guess he was napping and proably wouldn't wake up. That was ok though because we decided to go home, rent a movie and curl up in bed and watch a cute movie together. We watched "THE BUCKET LIST." I highly recommend it it's wonderful!
It really was a perfect night out for us. We slept in the next day (something we havn't done since before children) and got some toys cleaned out and given away to someone who lost everything in a fire.
Tommy I love you and I really appreciate all our time together....eventhough as I type your fast asleep in TJ's bed and it's one of your rare nights home. I still love you anyways!

6 comments:

BBG said...

Sounds like a great night! James and I haven't had one of those in months!! Maybe on our wedding night...I hope!!

I miss you guys terribly!!

Megan & Alex said...

I'm really glad that you guys got a night together. I know it hasn't been easy for you two the last few months. I'm happy you had fun :)

Lisa said...

sounds like a fun night, except for the cold restaurant. It seems like restaurants are always cold!

The Lamb Family said...

Yay for a date! Sounds like you guys had a nice night together. CAn't wait until we can go on a real date. IT's harder to make time for each other once you have kids you know?

Tiffani said...

I haven't checked in in a while and I am happy to see that things are going good for you. I am glad that you got to spend time with just each other. It is crazy how we don't really appreciate date nights until they are far and few in between. Good Luck with your run, you'll do great!

Paul and Rachel said...

Tommy and Amanda- As one of your former date night buddies, It's about dang time!! I hope this is the first of many, and take time to snuggle a lot!! (you know what I mean, it's important) I'm so glad you spent that time together. Sometimes with all the crying, diapers, loves, laughs, sleep deprivation, etc we forget that wonderful person that is there next to us trying to keep things together and workin' for the family unit. We love and miss you. Keep taking care of and loving eachother, don't hold back. The kids love to see mom and dad happy & in love!