Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ouch!

So I am a little tired of being in bed today so I decided to blog before my neck gets too bad and I have to lie back down. So stupid me enjoyed myself so much at Trunk or Treat last night (THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!) and now my shoulder and neck injuries that I sustained in my May 12th car accident are catching up to me....AGAIN!

I went to the orthopedic surgeon on Thursday and he said that in my shoulder I have an impingement. This means that instead of the acromion bone that covers your rotator cuff is curved instead of being straight like it should be causing inflamation and loads and loads of pain.

This picture most directly represents what my bone looks like. The hooked acromion is what mine looks like compared to a flat acromion.

It's been hurting me ever since the accident but doctors make you have to wait and wait before sending you to find anything difinative out. So there's that. There is also a tiny subcortical cyst in my shoulder that is arthritic.....I AM 24 PEOPLE...this shouldn't happen to 24 year olds! Then to top it all off I have something seriously wrong with a vertabrae in my neck. So next week I have to have an MRI of my neck to determine what we can do about that.

Prognosis: Cortizone shot-already done and doing nothing for it and then surgery for the shoulder. As for the neck, we dont know what the treatment will be until after the MRI.

SO I am a mess and have two beautiful boys that need my attention, a hubby who tries so hard to do everything when I am not doing well and lots of other stuff! I am whining and I am sorry but I needed to get all that out!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I separated my should when Curtis was 18 months old and was in a sling for 3 weeks then did physical therapy....it was so hard just trying to get him in his crib, let alone carry him. Sorry you are going through this.

The ward party did turn out great! You should post your costume pics - they were cute!

Megan & Alex said...

Well think of it this way I got a cartiliginous tumor in my shoulder and had to have surgery when I was 13! I know it sucks.

The Lamb Family said...

Oh, no!!! I hope that you will get better soon! I have a bad back, and have thought about getting a surgery on my back, but am afraid that it will get worse. Especially now that I'm prego, I need to take it easy. Take it easy and if you need a surgery, hope everything goes well.