
I saw this on Channel 10 news one night recently and thought it was a great thing for kids and adults to do and I thought I would share it with you. These kids on the news were having to spell words in order to help feed the hungry. Each word you spell right you get 20 grains of rice donated. I thought wow this is cool. SO I tried it and although I cheated, I cheated for a good cause. Yes I used the dictionary. But hey, there are starving people out there that need that rice. The website is paid for by the advertisements that are at the bottom of the page. I just thought I would share this really cool charity. It is one of my favorites. Plus we are using a good cause to support literacy in children as well as adults. I learned several new, as my hubby would say "six dollar words!"
Go to http://www.freerice.com/




0 comments:
Post a Comment