I thought this was thought provoking and comforting...ENJOY!
"Wherever you live on this earth and whatever your life's situation may be, I testify to you that the gospel of Jesus Christ has the divine power to lift you to great heights from what appears at times to be an unbearable burden or weakness. The Lord knows your circumstances and your challenges. He said to Paul and to all of us, 'My grace is sufficient for thee.' And like Paul we can answer: 'My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me' (2 Corinthians 12:9)."As members of the Church of Jesus Christ, we may claim the blessings promised in the covenants and the ordinances we received when we accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ."
Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Have We Not Reason to Rejoice?" Ensign, Nov. 2007, 19




5 comments:
Amanda-
I was catching up on the blogs and finally read yours. I'm so sorry to hear about TJ! That has got to be hard on you-I could only imagine. Keep going and hopefully you'll find answers soon!
Amanda--So sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
i hope everything is ok with TJ. one time when i tried to check your blog it said it was private. so i don't know if that was a mistake or not, anyhow i am glad i can check up on my old neighbors!
Great quote! I'm so glad to hear your moving, will you be in the same branch? We miss you guys!
Hi Amanda,
I love your quote from President Monson. I often think of that very quote and try to live it...not easy when I'm dreaming of how nice life was or how it might be instead of focusing on today and what I have to do now.
Man, you have been put through the refiners fire and I'm so impressed at the results. Just think of the character building moments you are having....Amazing!
I hope you are excited about your move. It sounds like a blessing.
We hope you all are hangin' in there.
Luv ya, Stephanie
Post a Comment