Monday, September 7, 2009

It's been awhile-long post

I know I feel like I fell off the planet! My last post was in March?!! What is my problem! A lot has happened I hope that I can get you all caught up!

April-OWEN TURNED TWO!! He's so stinkin cute! My camera was stolen and so all pictures that I have of him are gone!!! BUMMER!! I was so sad! Since Easter fell on the same day as his birthday we celebrated Easter and Pappy and Owen's birthdays on the same day. Easter in the morning and then Pappy and Owie's birthdays in the afternoon. It was a lot of fun!

May-Tommy found out that he did NOT get in to the US Border Patrol (PHEW!!) and so he was really upset about that but the Lord had different plans for us. Amtrak called Tommy for a second interview (apparently this NEVER EVER happens) and HE GOT THE JOB!!! And thus the whirl wind started and my blogging really became lapse!! He found out he got the job on May 17th and he was shipped to Wilmington Delaware on May 25th for EIGHT weeks of traning to become an Amtrak Conductor. My life as a single but not single mom began!
We got a new camera for Tommy to document his VERY FIRST TRIP away from family EVER and while he studied hard these pictures are some of the things he got to do on the weekends thanks to free Amtrak travel!! Love his new job!! He got to go to DC, Boston, NYC, Phili, and BaltimoreAt a museum in Washington D.C giving Obama a Wet Willy! hehe
Another museum in D.C.

The Washington D.C Temple (yeah he's a hottie!)

We love to see the temple!

So before he left to go to Wilmington I knew I would miss him terrible and so we planned a little weekend getaway for me to go see him and for us to use our newly found free Amtrak travel to visit the Corridor (the East coast). We went to NYC which Tommy had not been to before and saw Phantom of the Opera and then visited my Grandparents Upstate. It was so fun and I really enjoyed spending alone time with Tommy because it was hard not having him home. Tommy and I in front of THE Madison Square Garden!! Our new friends from the left PawPaw (Otis), Caveman-this is my nickname for him (Grayson), Eli, Maddy, Grayson JR or GMan and Tammy. Caveman was in Tommy's Amtrak class and really helped Tommy a lot through the course. I call him Caveman because when boys hang out too much together they turn into neanderthals. Tommy started to turn into one! SO because Grayson was Tommy's BFF I of course blamed it all on him and his name Caveman has just stuck! LOL Love ya Grayson!! This family is so sweet and nice and the cool thing is they only live a few hours from us! Times Square! LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE!
I LOVE NY PIZZA!!!!


Tommy now has a love affair with NY Pizza!!

Us at Phantom of the Opera on BROADWAY!!
A very LARGE M&MHis first NY Hot Dog. Yeah he ate A LOT that day!Me and Elmo..this one was for the kids! TJ said "Mommy you need to take me to see ELMO!!"My "bargin" Coach purse...YES IT IS REAL! Love street vendors..."watch dem cops" I think I might get cast out for that one!! REPENT REPENT!!

The next day we went Upstate to see my grandparents and my nephews and sister. It was so good so see family that I haven't seen in so long!!

June was highly uneventful with me working and the kids going to daycare. Nothing special really went on. We missed Daddy A LOT!!

Speed up to July where Tommy graduated from Amtrak School for Conductors and here he is my graduate!!

So now he's home and we've still been very busy! We've moved into a house, had Tommy's family come for a visit and now we are just getting back into a groove of things.







FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL!!!!


Tommy is on the extra board at work so we never really know when he is going to go to work. Thankfully he has been able to attend church each Sunday. The Lord has truly blessed us and we are greatful for his blessings!!

Last weekend was our Ward Temple Trip and since I have the callings of Temple Patron and Relief Society Teacher I went with my Arkansas BFF Dollie to the Memphis Tennessee Temple. It was so wonderful to see the temple. Next time I hope my husband can go too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we'd have to post a comment since 2 of America's most beautiful families are on this page! We miss you guys a lot and can't wait to meet up with you again soon. Hopefully we can come down there soon or you guys can come up here soon. I'll try to take care of the "Caveman" in the meantime. Love you all lots.
The Gluecks

Megan & Alex said...

Glad that y'all are still alive! Sounds like you have been having a lot of busy fun! Hope to see more soon!