Friday, June 18, 2010

Divorce

I have received some comments regarding my divorce in the last few weeks and just wanted to clear the air maybe about some of what is going on.

I am NOT going to be sharing the details of my private life in this circumstance because I think that it not only ruins the integrity of those involved but I think it is shameful to do so. What has happened in my life is sad very sad and I am very sad that it is happening. I will not, however, ever not be thankful for Tommy and the gifts that he has given me. He has given me two beautiful boys that fill my life with so much joy. No matter what happens in the next years I will maintain a relationship with him because of those boys. Monster and Potato need both of us in their lives and so it is my opinion to not share private details because utimatley it only hurts them.

I have respect for Tommy in regards to the divorce to that our dirty laundry does not need to be spread all over the blogosphere. It is hurtful when someone writes mean things about someone else and while I do not like what is going on or choices either one of us have made, I will not be doing any Tommy bashing.

We have both made choices that have consequences. This is the consequence. It is sad and tragic and I never wish this upon anyone-EVER.

I ask the same of friends and family that mean things not be shared with others. I hope that that can be something that everyone we have contact with can respect and follow along with.

3 comments:

Paul and Rachel said...

Okay, you made me cry!! We love you both so much and the boys!! You're an amazing woman Amanda, Keep the faith like I know you will! That post shows your integrity and is soooo wise (wish so many others I know were like you). I want to just hug you right now and cry, wish we were closer!!! Please feel my love for you today :)

Amber Allen said...

I am really sorry to hear thagt about you two, divorce....it's so ugly and painful. I am truely sorry. God bless you both in the months and years to come.

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . .