Tuesday, September 4, 2007

This is why you should wear sunblock....










We just got back from our 4 days at Lake Tahoe, Sugar Pine Camping grounds. It was really nice. Only Sunblock is a must. Also, make sure that your tires are not made in China. Otherwise you might end up with a blow-out at Donner Summitt and have to spend the first day of camp in Reno trying to get new tires on Labor Day weekend!


Seriously though, we did have a lot of fun. We went up with almost the entire family and got to spend a whole day on the most gorgeous lake I have ever seen. I have never been to Lake Tahoe. It looked like the Carribean only super cold. But I did get out on the tube and try tubing. Something I don't normally do. It was super fun! My TJ boy LOVED playing with his cousins and spending time outdoors exploring! We went on a hike that was 1.5 miles UP HILL! But it was worth it when we got to the water! We got to play some Phase 10 and sing some songs and eat smores YUMM!!. TJ wanted Grandma to sing "Popcorn" over and over. He also liked "We had a chicken" He's so cute if I do say so myself! It was a good time! I am paying for no sunblock though. And I am so good about making sure my kids have it on and that I have it on. I can't believe I forgot it this time! I can't even put something on to cover my back because it hurts so bad! Well I have learned my lesson!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That looks so painful...sorry you have that! Glad the rest of the trip was good. Tommy should work for AAA!

The Lamb Family said...

Yikes... That looks very painful... but I"m glad that you had fun. Isn't Lake Tahoe beautiful? I went there early this year, and the water was so clear!

Julia Kelly said...

I love Tahoe! Put some lotion on that burn..ouch!