Friday, September 7, 2007

The Weaning of the binky (TJ) and the breast (Owen) Part One

This is TJ with the binky.....
(not for long you little bugger!)

Soooooo....yeah my life is tired and fustrating at the moment. So I am susposed to (more than likely, the jury is still out on this) have shoulder surgery sometime before the end of the year. Sooooo I have to wean Owen from nursing in order for that to happen. I am having a really rough time with this! I had such a hard time with TJ nursing and such a great experience with Owen that I just feel not only guilty but sad VERY sad! Not to mention the other side effects that come along with nursing. All you been there done that moms should know what I am talking about. So I am trying to wean Owen.......


PLUS! It is time for the blasted BINKY to disappear from my household! I have had enough of it I don't want to see it and I can't stand it in TJ's mouth! Enough is enough! His little oral fixation that he's got going on needs to stop! So today we went cold turkey. After months of just having it at bedtime, the moment has come to just kaput it all together. So it is 10:01pm right now and he's just fallen asleep. I am hoping that tomorrow is a little better so that way by Sunday church time we won't be having meltdowns and he can be pleasant while I say opening prayer at church.....


Please Father just help me get through the weekend!!!!!


Much love tonight, the jealous of the blog hubby is calling me to come and get some sleep before the little TJ monster wakes up!

2 comments:

miss H Wiest said...

ohh my goodnes! good luck with everything, you can do it! I will pray for you! ps. -- I hate pacifiers too, nice job.

Leslie said...

I LOVE PACI's but we just weaned Ethan 2 weeks ago and he did great! It will just happen. A few days of hard work will pay off.