Friday, August 22, 2008

Race for the Cure


Well since working for DHS and having ALL walks of life come into my office I have decided something. I have been given a great blessing to help people in their lives and I want truly to make other's lives better in any small way or big way that I can. At work on Monday I received an email stating that DHS would be doing the RACE FOR THE CURE 5k race on October 11, 2008 and that if anyone wanted to participate to sign up. Most things latley I have seriously had to put lots of consideration into but when this came across my desk I couldn't even find it in my heart to say "let me think about it." Maybe it is because of the clients that come in and have such survival stories of breast cancer, honeslty I dont know what it was but I signed up instantly.

So I haven't run in a LONG LONG time and I guess that this has motivated me. It's not a half marathon like Tiffani ran or my brother ran but it's a start and for a good cause!

I encourage you ALL to go and check out my link (click below) and if you feel like you'd want to donate then please do!

THIS ONE'S FOR THE GIRLS!

0 comments: